Friday, June 15, 2012

4th of July Crafts

This year was the first year I realized I had no 4th of July decorations. I needed to change that desperately. I am leaving out of town to visit my family in California so I need to get a head start on things. And then it was great because I was able to use them for Memorial Day, Flag Day and leave them up till the 4th. 
Love how this turned out. I spent time wrapping it during SYTYCD and the Bachlorette and then finished it at a craft night at my house. It was fun teaching a bunch of girls how do to them, chat and eat yummy treats. That is part of the reason I like crafting...let's be honest.
I found the hay wreath at the Hobby Lobby and the yarn and felt stars at Michaels.
I have been loving pinwheels-so I tried my hand at them.  Just used scrapbook/cardstock paper, straight pins, erasers from pencils and the plastic sticks from the flags below.
Love how they turned out. Great little centerpiece for a BBQ. Or I may put them in the lawn along the driveway. 
And they even spin! 
I bought a bunch of flags at the Dollar Tree, took them off their plastic sticks and made a bunting with some yarn I already had. 

Feeling very festive...too bad I won't be here to enjoy them during the 4th. 
Hope these ideas inspire you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really are creative and resourceful. Great job! I honestly love your ideas and works. The wreath is definitely great! I was really impressed with all of it. Plus, you really exerted effort and time in making and celebrating the 4th of July. Kudos to you! Hope you’re having a nice day!

    Please visit My Webblog:Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...