Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ornament Garland Tutorial

I have a ton of craft ideas on mind this Christmas season. Too many. In such a small space that we call home, I find myself needing to scale back. But I knew that the mantle needed a little more spice. One trip to Target for a little inspiration was all I needed. 
I love an easy craft and boy was this one easy. So easy my 3 year pretty much did it on her own.
All you need dollar ornaments from Target-you know the ones (I bought 2), tape, scissors and some sort of string of yarn. I just used what I had laying around.
 And a handy helper of course
 She loved figuring out the pattern of what one came next and stringing them on one by one.
 I just wrapped the end of the yarn to make it easier to thread on and it became like a simple sewing project for kids.


 Once you get them on figure out the desired spacing and tie a knot. I made sure to cut a long piece of yarn at the beginning and knew I could cut off the remaining at the end.
 And that is it! I love a craft that takes less than an hour to complete.
Hope you try it out yourselves-I would love to try an assorted colored one next time! 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I'll be copying you! We too have limited space so not a whole lot of places to put stuff...can't wait til my tree is up!!! I love Christmas Trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this is perfect. i need something easy for when i finish the quilt and stockings i'm working on and it looks so pretty! keep the ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling idea and a beautiful finished product. Your little helper is as cute as can be. Love her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...